If this is an Emergency please call 911
Welcome to the Mesquite Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. This system is provided for your convenience; however, if you would rather report the incident over the phone or in person, you always have that option available. You should not use online reporting if the following applies:
If the above does not apply to your report, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If you have further questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
- You have an Emergency and need immediate assistance.
- This incident did not occur within the city limits of Mesquite.
- There is evidence that must be collected or processed in person.
- The incident type that you wish to report is not listed below.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Texas Penal Code Section 37.08 False Report to Peace Officer or Law Enforcement Employee is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000 and up to 180 days in jail. .
Using the Mesquite Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Credit Card Abuse, Thefts (excluding guns or vehicles), Information Reports on Suspicious Activity and Supplements to any Report that has already been filed.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Mesquite Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 972-216-6759) to file your report.